Internet marketing is a buzzword that encompasses all aspects of promoting products and services online. While there are plenty of different ways to do it, they all boil down to a few simple things. Knowing these things will help you to see better results. With that in mind here are five internet marketing tips to help you make the most of your efforts.
1. People are people. Sure, internet marketing is, in large part, a numbers game. However, numbers and data do not spend money; people do. This means you have to connect with people on a human level. You also need to treat them with respect at all times and remember they are, indeed, people. They will respond in kind and be more likely to take advantage of whatever you’re offering.
2. Numbers do matter. Okay, time to get off the proverbial soapbox. People are people, but numbers are important. Hey, if you could just make money by being nice, the world would be filled with a lot more millionaires. Track your numbers. Which numbers? That’s really up to you, but there is an old business adage that says “if it can be measured, it can be improved”. That’s the power of numbers.
3. Have a plan. You may have heard that you need to draw up some sort of multi-page, in depth, complete business plan; complete with table of contents, index and footnotes. While you may need such a plan if you are looking for outside investors, you don’t really need that kind of plan for most internet marketing businesses. Just having a plan–any plan–will help to keep you on the right path, and eventually arrive at your desired target.
4. Test and track. These three little words hold a vast amount of profit potential in internet marketing. One way to do this is known as split testing. To do this, you put up two versions of the same thing, but with a small change between the two. Then you set it up in a way so you can tell which one gets the better results. Then repeat the process, with the better of the two always becoming the new benchmark for the next split test. Testing and tracking takes a bit of time, but as time goes on you will see a steady improvement.
5. Enjoy yourself. This internet marketing tip is just as important as the others. All too often, we get hung up on things that don’t really matter in the bigger scheme of things. When that happens we tend to get frustrated and stressed out. There will be times when things don’t seem all that easy. When that happens, remind yourself that you are doing something amazing…you are an internet marketer!
Following these few simple internet marketing tips will help your business do better. Of course, just reading them once won’t do any good. It’s up to you to actually follow through and make them happen, you’ll be glad you did.